Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Between the lines

I've gotten myself across the halfway mark with Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear. Quite entertaining, I love that most chapters are fairly short and to the point, and it's a fun contrast to Erikson's Deadhouse Gates with its long chapters brimming with details I have to pay attention. So every night I'm reading a little further in both; and it's a nice experience reading two very different approaches to fantasy at the same time. This week (two days ago) also saw the release of my favorite band My Dying Bride's eleventh album, A Map of All Our Failures. I won't bleat about it here but I've been spending some serious time listening and enjoying it the last couple of days. 
Also brushing the dust off my shoulders to tackle another A Storm of Swords chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment