Thursday, April 11, 2013

No clash of kings..

The publishing of my re-reading of A Clash of Kings, and thus sequel to that book you can see to your right (you may need to scroll down a bit),  has been cancelled. I wasn't given much of a reason, to be honest, but it's at any rate a bad thing for me personally. Mostly because I put a lot more blood, sweat and tears into that one. It came out thrice as long as the first one, and I did my best to make it more of a solid book and not just a collection of blog posts. It was a much better script content-wise, more focused on the actual re-read than whining about Martin, so boo and hiss. All the posts on A Clash of Kings are still here at Stormsongs,  in their unedited form, though. The first book sold rather well (and is still selling) - I don't have any numbers for bragging purposes. So, no Re-reading A Clash of Kings: Waiting for Winter.

Oh well, looking forward to lazy and hazy days with the newborn, blogging Daenerys' meeting with Krasnyz, watching Episode Three of Game of Thrones over the weekend, listening to rebellious music and trying to finish a neat little short story I've been working on a little, where I try to mix the gritty of Westeros with the vanilla flavors of silly of the Forgotten Realms. Maybe.


3 comments:

  1. :( That's a real shame - I really enjoyed your first book and was looking forward to the second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you bmk, the thing that annoys me the most is that the second one is so much better. I'm considering sending the manuscript elsewhere to see if any other publisher bites, but I have to make sure first I can do this (contract and all that). Needless to say, I'm somewhat disappointed, especially since the book was in limbo for a year before I got told it was cancelled. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urg that's too bad. I actually bought the first one from Amazon too, and although it was too 'bloggy', it felt passionate and it was a nice read. Been reading your blog everytime there's a new entry too, and you actually get much better at writing.
    You were not given a reason? Is it a copyrights problem? Do you think it has anything to do with Martin getting bigger and bigger with each new season of the show?
    Congrats on the newborn!!

    ReplyDelete