Monday, November 18, 2013

A little of this and also that

So, did I end up buying one of those Making of... books for the Kindle? Well, yes. Yes, I did. I ended up with The Making of Return of the Jedi because that is the film I have the least knowledge of. I'm not sure there's anything new in the other two books for me. I have devoured half the tome already and it is infinitely interesting to me as a long-time fan of the original trilogy and there are indeed things I didn't know, and things that get clearer about the production of Jedi. Highly recommended to Star Wars fans, or for those who are curious about what goes into such a massive production as Jedi was. Of course this has led to me abandoning reading any other books and the rest of my precious spare time has gone to writing for NaNoWriMo 2013 - and yes, I am still on track to my own surprise - with the exception of maybe half an hour of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and fooling around with some lyrics for my angry metal band Nefarios. I am still convinced I have written the greatest pile of dung ever for NaNoWriMo but at least I'm on target and can fiddle with it later if I should go back to it and think it may be worth something after all. The best thing remains that I have learned that I can write a lot in a short time and this may just push me to try and produce something actually worthwhile. I do like stories. Maybe I'll let you read through my piece too, as it is pretty heavily influenced by Martin.

Anyway, I'd like to alert you this Ice & Fire related announcement: 

No other news of interest for the fan of all things Westerosi, unfortunately, unless you count no news as good news. 

As an aside, did you know that the last time George R.R. Martin used this picture on his blog was in December 2012?



Hope to find time for a new re-read post soon, as well as some more news on the upcoming release of my second book Waiting for Winter: Re-reading A Clash of Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment