Friday, November 8, 2013

Writing

Still ahead of schedule. Never written so much in such a short time. Will be interesting to see if I can keep this up, and what it eventually will look read like. It's fun though.
You know, even Patrick Rothfuss (of The Name of the Wind fame) participated in NaNoWriMo, in 2011. Read about his experience on his blog; quite interesting. And I agree with the one important thing you get out of it - it's fun, and it helps.
So, I have come to a battle in my own work this month, writing the lead-up this morning. And while I write I cringe at times knowing this isn't good but force myself not to look back, just march on and worry about that stuff later.
It helped to pick up the middle part of a story instead of a beginning. I went straight into action mode, and haven't worried about putting in exposition to explain the many characters, the backstory or anything. It also helped that this story already exists in notes, so from now on I'll be a better outliner.

In A Song of Ice and Fire-related news, uh, Martin is still showing moving pictures at his cinema, is giddy with joy over some team winning over another team in some sport, and he is going to Australia and Middle-earth New Zealand not writing. Maybe the landscapes there will fuel his imagination. One can hope, of course. I do wish to see Zero Charisma, though. Looks like a fun story. A game master who likes heavy metal. Sounds familiar.

Waiting for Winter: Re-reading A Clash of Kings is coming. Be on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment