Monday, December 30, 2013

Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Hell Hath no Fury"

Well, all right, this one was a bit different in style and tone from most of the other short stories, in that it was a quick read with little character development and a fairly predictable plot. Think The Blair Witch Project as its main influence but with a flair of magic to it. I can't really say much about it without spoiling the plot, but I have to say it is not a favorite. For some reason, it just didn't grab me the way some of the other stories did. It did not build up a rationale for the characters' Ghost Busters-like operations, and at least one story point felt too predictable within such a short story, it was as if everything had to be related/connected, if you know what I mean. In short, I wasn't able to suspend my disbelief. Still, a nice piece, no doubt, but compared to some of the high quality stories in Dangerous Women it fell short.

No comments:

Post a Comment