Thursday, February 13, 2014

Even more action figures?!

Wow, looks like Funko have decided to go the proper action figure route as well (I must say their bubbleheads aren't all that appealing). Head over to Winter is Coming and check out the upcoming action figures Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, Eddard Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, White Walker and the Hound, the "first wave" of Game of Thrones: Legacy. I don't think they look as good as the two I discovered yesterday (and yes, the Daenerys figure is on her way by mail if not dragonback) - but the good thing is that I don't mind if the figures don't look very much like the actors who portray them in the television series. Hopefully these figures sell well, so that they become inclined to make figures of more obscure characters. Not Kennos of Kayce-obscure, but you know, the secondaries as I like to call them. Theon Greyjoy with removable body parts, Varys with removed body part, Littlefinger with sly smile, Tywin Lannister, etc. Not that I could afford buying them all. And it's not as if I would be motivated to get down on the floor to actually play with these things. But a few cool figures on a shelf would be nice. Thinking about it, here is my top ten list of characters I'd love to have on a shelf staring at me, telling me to do another post on A Storm of Swords:

1. Theon Greyjoy (with bow)
2. Aerys Targaryen, the Mad King (because you know, the nails)
3. Robert Baratheon (with warhammer and breastplate stretcher)
4. Ser Gregor Clegane (in full battle armor)
5. Cersei Lannister (in green gown)
6. Ghost (or one of the other direwolves)
7. Oberyn Martell, the Red Viper (with spear and preferably electronic voice: "You murdered...")
8. Lord Roose Bolton (with flayed man cape)
9. Arianne Martell (because)
10. Jaqen H'ghar (with coin)

I'm such a geek...

No comments:

Post a Comment