Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Season Five Teaser

It must be the old gods working their magic. I had barely finished my last re-read post (Jon XI) where I talked about being excited about tomorrow's Star Wars teaser trailer and bemoaning the fact that maybe Martin will be overshadowed if he doesn't soon finish The Winds of Winter, and what do we get? A teaser trailer for Game of Thrones Season V. Maybe HBO knows they need to do a little more to stay relevant now? I don't know. I just thought it was funny the (excruciatingly) short Arya Stark teaser came out this week. Another link between GoT and SW is that there are rumors of a third actor/actress from GoT joining the SW cast.

We already knew that Gwendoline (Brienne of Tarth) and Miltos (Syrio Forel) are part of the Star Wars cast next year, but apparently Jessica Henwick will play a role in Star Wars. She's the actress who will play Nymeria Sand in the next season of GoT. A strange casting, methinks. She kind of does not look like a Dornish character (I can live with that), or Oberyn Martell's daughter (that's the hard part).

I have to admit that I like getting my two favorite stories crossing like this but I am also worried that whenever I see Gwen or Miltos on screen in Episode VII I'll be seeing Brienne of Tarth and Syrio Forel.


No comments:

Post a Comment