Thursday, June 18, 2015

Now what?

Well, here we are.

Game of Thrones is over. Season five is done. We've come to a point where book readers and show viewers are almost on equal footing in terms of not knowing what's going to happen next. And still not a a slight, chilly breeze to foreshadow The Winds of Winter.

In hindsight, I am left with the feeling that season five was a less coherent, less consistent, and less interesting season than the previous four, even though it brought some exciting revelations even for a fellow who's been into this saga for fifteen years. I will probably do a re-watch binge sometime, and hopefully it will be easier to just enjoy the season for what it is. Am I interested in season six? I'm curious, but no longer excited as I was through seasons one and three.

The best thing about Game of Thrones right now is that I appreciate A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons a little more; even though I find the books much weaker than the first three novels in the saga, they are still a lot better than the show.

I'll be reading the first Brienne chapter of Feast later this week (unless real life gets in the way proper) - maybe tomorrow - and of course put up a post on it.

Meanwhile I'd like to thank you for reading my musings and announce that, while it has been postponed again, Waiting for Winter: Re-reading A Clash of Kings Part II is still definitely going to come out as an ebook. I'm not the one who decides when and how it gets published, but at least I haven't reached George R.R. Martin levels yet.

The Long Wait continues.. but boy will it feel good once we have The Winds of Winter in our hands, eh?

1 comment:

  1. You mean, with all the turtles, where do whores go, Quentyn, Penny, I'm only a young girl, food lists and all? Can't see how those pooks are better than the show, but to each their own.
    Much respect, lord Slynt. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete