Monday, July 13, 2015

Siege of Dragonspear

Wow, as if there wasn't enough great news already, Beamdog (makers of the Enhanced Editions of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale classics) have announced Siege of Dragonspear, a tale set between the two Baldur's Gate games.
It's like someone has been scrying my dreams of late and decided to make them come true.
Well, of course, it remains to be seen if Beamdog can deliver the same quality as Bioware did back in the day, but still - that's two Forgotten Realms CRPGs on the horizon.
While I still have to experience an actually worthwhile A Song of Ice and Fire-based game (the fan-made Crusader Kings II mod coming the closest), I certainly don't mind fun high fantasy adventures in the Realms. I fricking love those Infinity Engine games. Yihaw!

Just to make sure I'm not actually dreaming I'll head over to George's blog and see if The Winds of Winter has been announced; if it has, I will know I'm dreaming.

..

I'm awake.
And the sun is shining and the air is hot, so it's time to go do something with that garden that threatens ever so slightly to turn into unchecked wilderness.

Come winter, there will be so much geekery to be had, I might not even miss The Winds of Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment