Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Week in Geek

Yeah, things have definitely been quiet on the re-read front. My apologies for that. It's a busy time of the year - and I've been geeking out on other stuff. I've had ups and downs with A Song of Ice and Fire before, but right now I'm just not as passionate about it anymore. My interest in Game of Thrones waned to nothing during season five. No news or updates or anything regarding The Winds of Winter. It's like the franchise died a little and only book six can revive it. A bit like Jon Snow, then. Whoooops spoiler for a four year old book.

So what has been occupying my geek mind? Well, there was the second headstart for Sword Coast Legends, a Dungeons & Dragons video game that I had high hopes for. Long story short, I asked for a refund.

I've been tinkering a lot with my own setting, having a blast making maps and making up lore. It began with a small corner of the world, and now I've moved on to other continents. Absurdly geeky, but something about doing stuff like this is, I don't know, I just get totally engrossed.

As for reading, I'm still busy with Django Wexler's The Thousand Names, and it is still very good, but I've also been reading Star Wars: Journey to The Force Awakens: Aftermath, by Chuck Windig, as well as my latest acquisitions in my mad attempt at collecting everything Forgotten Realms, a big pile of sourcebooks that technically should see me through many years of entertainment.
And of course I've spent way too much time browsing forums related to my geek passions, but I barely bother to check out Ice & Fire sites these days.

Just for kicks - you never know - I'm going to check Martin's blog now, in the vain hope....

...oh. Game of Thrones, numerous Emmys.
Well that's great and should've come earlier, now HBO will think that season five was somehow good. And Martin of course will be full of it and do another round of exhausting interviews with the same tired questions and yes the Emmys basically means The Winds of Winter just got postponed a little more. Grrreat!

Oh well.

Coming up: Re-reading A Feast with Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment